If you are interested in adopting one of our dogs, great!
- Fill out our online Adoption Application Form.
- Then contact us.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 305-904-5635 to follow up with us and the foster responsible for the puppy/dog you are interested in will be put in contact you. We are foster-based so our dogs are in individual homes, not a facility.
- We’ll schedule a ‘Meet & Greet’.
- After you email us, we will respond within 48 hours. The next step is to set up a ‘Meet & Greet’. This gives you the opportunity to meet and interact with the dog while simultaneously giving us the time to meet you and make sure it is the right fit for both parties. This consists of an informal interview process during the ‘Meet & Greet’. So feel free to share everything you can think of that would be relevant to adopting your new furry friend. Once approved, we require the adopting party to sign an adoption contract and submit the appropriate adoption fee based on the age of the dog.
We also provide the ‘Foster to Adopt’ option. If you want to foster a dog (care for the dog for a time period) before adopting it, discuss this option with us. See if that choice is right for you!
The Adoption Fee:
Adoption fees for dogs over 4 months is $150.00. This covers rabies shot (in most cases), shots up to the age of the dog, deworming, microchip, spay/neuter, socialization and basic commands/potty training.
Puppies 4 months and under have a tiered system depending on how many sets of puppy shots they have received.
It is as follows.
- All puppies have first set of puppy shots, deworming, microchip, spay/neuter and fee is $200.
- If the puppy has received the second puppy shot, the fee is $225.00.
- If the puppy has received the third puppy shot, the fee will be $250.00.
- If the puppy has also received the rabies shot, the max fee will still be $250.00.
All puppies are socialized with young children, cats, and other dogs. A copy of all vet/shot records will be given to adopter on completion of the adoption.
Due to increased medical expenses with many dogs, our rates have to go up to cover costs of all treatments completed.
The reason for the distinction in fees relates to the scenarios in which most of our dogs are rescued. For instance, 70-80% of all puppies rescued have either ringworm, Demodex or Sarcoptic Mange, which requires 2-4wks of medical treatment; lately we have had an influx of neonates (puppies newborn to 5 weeks of age) with and without moms, they require extra care and the costs add up very quickly so due to this added expense in our puppies we have to make a distinction in the adoption fees. Generally, the dogs over 4 months of age that we rescue do not have as many medical issues that require as many vet visits.
It is important to note that the fees also apply to the day the dog was admitted into our rescue. For example, if the dog was brought in at 3.5 months of age yet due to medical reasons was not adopted until 5 months of age, the adoption fee will still be applicable. Adoption fees are non-refundable.
Due to the enormous amount of homeless pets in Miami-Dade County, we are always looking for Fosters to help us care for dogs while we find them permanent homes. If you want to help us by fostering, the application is here. If you have any questions please email us at email@example.com or call/text 305-904-5635.